Sunday, May 8, 2016

How Is a Cat Like an Elephant?

They both have four legs, a tail and a trunk!  Ha ha!  Well, not the trunk!  They both have fur?  Hmm, I don't think you could ever call what an elephant has fur!!!  They both like hay!!  Right?!  Ha!  Elephants like vegetables and we cats, give us meat!!  Okay, people, this is not a riddle!!  How is a cat like an elephant??  Do you give up??  Yep, I can tell that you have totally given up!  Not so smart after all, are you??

It's our memories!!!  Duh!  I can't believe you didn't get it!!  Elephants remember things for a very long time, like even decades.  Now everyone thinks dogs are so smart.  Not so much.  When you are teaching a dog a trick there is a reason you have to get them to do it over and over and over.  It's because their short term memories are only about five minutes long.  Cats, on the other hand, have a short term memory of about 16 hours.  See, cats rule!!

Now, here is a very important thing you need to know.  A cat's memory is directly related to IF he benefits or is caused pain by the experience.  So if you set a cucumber down by a cat he is going to be pretty indifferent to it.  He may not remember the cucumber or you!  But if you put a bowl of tuna down, boy we're going to remember that!

Now I have one more important thing to teach you about cats, elephants and memory.  In a family of elephants it is most important that the matriarch of the group has a great memory because everyone follows her and she needs to remember where she's going.  Now at StreetCats of Tulsa there is only one cat whose memory is important and that is King Adam.  That's me!!  I am giving you this information because I think it is to your benefit to know that I WILL remember if you do things that make me happy or do things that make me mad.  I thought it only fair that I share this information before it is too late.  For you.  Just sayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment