Monday, April 17, 2017

Revolving Door!!

Hello, all!  Yes, it's me, Smokey, and I'm here to answer your question as to where I've been and why I haven't written a blog in a while, because I know you've been wondering about me.  Well, I'm right here at StreetCats, trying to get some sleep.  I usually write blogs at night because I'm nocturnal, you know.  But the thing is, I've been having to sleep at night because things are so wild and crazy around here that I can't rest during the day.  Every time I fall asleep the door opens!  Cats coming in, cats going out, HOW IS SMOKEY SUPPOSED TO GET ANY REST???!!!

Okay, that helped a little.  Whew!  Now, with the help of the wonderful StreetCats blog photographer, Vickie Sanborn, I'm going to explain this situation to you.  IT'S BUSY HERE!  And busy means noise and humans coming and going constantly and they all want to pet me (of course!!).  So when is anyone ever going to have time for blog writing?!  And it's not just the humans who are noisy, it's the cats!!  And here is how it goes.

First, kitties get here in a special coach called a cat carrier.  I ride in one of these sometimes, too.  Now this picture is of Peanut and don't get excited about him because he went out the revolving door just right after he came in it.
Now some kitties who are scared stay in cages by themselves when they first come to StreetCats, but Peanut wasn't scared so he got to come out and go wherever he wanted to.
And cats are curious creatures, you know, so Chris wanted to come meet Peanut to size him up, to see if Peanut would want to challenge his position as boss of StreetCats.  And come on, humans, I'm thinking you creatures have a good understanding of that issue!  (And Chris, already out the revolving door, too.)
Now this next picture shows the noise factor!
Get it now??  It can get noisy here!!  And here's the deal!!!  Twenty-seven cats have been placed in forever homes from StreetCats so far this year!!  And there are two applications pending!  That StreetCats door is constantly opening and closing . . . so fast! . . . with arrivals and happy departures.

Okay, now that I've explained and even shown you why you haven't heard from me in a while I'll tell you why you may not hear from me again for a while.  I'm going to tap my artistic ability and make a sign to hang up here to welcome new kitties when they come to StreetCats.  And it's going to say "JACKPOT!"  Because when kitties come to StreetCats they have hit the kitty jackpot for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment