Sunday, July 2, 2017

Nightmare!!

Last night I had a terrible dream!  This is sometimes called a nightmare or maybe even a night terror!!  I suspect that this dream was really a flashback from an earlier time, a time which my memory, in order to protect myself, has suppressed.  Here is what I dreamed.  There was a very young child being readied for bed and her mother told her to hold her arms over her head. And then with a sweet smile on her face, the mother said "skin the cat" as she pulled the child's shirt quickly over the child's head.

What??!!  If this is truly a memory of mine, and I believe it has to be, no wonder I'm not well!!  What kind of mother would say such a thing??!!  While I cannot answer that, I will leave you with a few more appropriate things to say about cats.  They were all said by very important people, as you will see, and are much more in touch with the rightful place of cats in the lives of humans.

My relationships with cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.  William S. Burroughs

Cats choose us; we don't own them.  Kristin Cast

Time spent with a cat is never wasted.  Colette and Sigmund Freud

What greater gift than the love of a cat?  Charles Dickens

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.  Robert A. Heinlein

A cat has absolute emotional honesty; human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.  Ernest Hemingway

I have studied many philosophers and many cats.  The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.  Hippolytus Taine

If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain

There.  That's better.  Cats rule!!  Smokey

No comments:

Post a Comment