Monday, August 15, 2016

Really???

I have no idea how this happened or what I'm doing.  I knew that King Adam got adopted because he quit coming to visit me.  But now all of a sudden I'm supposed to write a blog?  What's a blog??  And what am I supposed to write about?  Well, as I often do, I turned to my best friend, Linda.  Here is a picture of her and me.   Oh, and of my own personal brush!  I love to be brushed!
So Linda told me to just start by telling you a little bit about myself.  This is so embarrassing!  You don't want to hear about me!  Oh well, here I go.  My name is Smokey.  A vague memory tells me that's not the only name I've had.  I'm about 11 years old.  That's pretty old, but there are cats a whole lot older, so let's say I'm middle aged.  I don't remember being a kitten, I don't remember if I ever had baby cats of my own.  I don't remember how many homes I've had, but I'm a StreetCats cat now, and that's forever!  I know I don't have claws on my front paws, but I sure don't know why.  People say I'm pretty.  Do you think so?
People say a lot about my color.  They call it blue.  Sometimes people look at me and say, "Oh, a Russian Blue!"  Then another person will say that I'm a Chartreux or a Korat.  Well, at least that last one rhymes with what I am.  A cat!
Now here is one thing I certainly do not understand.  They talk a lot about my beautiful fur and then they shave it off!  What's with that?!  Maybe they're jealous because they don't have blue fur.  Which do you like better, fur or no fur?
Now I'm going to tell you two more things and then I'm going to go.  First, I like to stay up high.  I have my own home at StreetCats . .  on top of the cages.  I have a house there, potty boxes, my food, everything a cat could need.  Sometimes the other cats visit me, but it is my home!  Maybe I'll show you later.  Second, I am not available for adoption.  They say I have "health problems". Honestly I don't know what that's about.  I feel great!!
Whew!  I'm so glad that's over!  I hope Linda thinks I did okay!  It actually wasn't too bad.  And I have an idea about something else to tell you!  So maybe I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment