Friday, March 21, 2014

It's Mandy!!!

Yes, I know!  You're surprised!  Because you were sure it would be Shamika, weren't you???  The winner of our Best Shiny Black Fur contest!  Okay, just in case you didn't read about it, last week when we had our Best Markings contest, Shamika threw a hissy fit when I wouldn't let her enter because she is all black and doesn't have "markings."  Well, you don't have to be a genius to figure out that I set up the new contest just so that silly Shamika could win!  Duh!!  But, guess what????  Shamika got adopted!!!!  See, even though she didn't win the contest last week, just mentioning her on the blog and showing her picture led to her adoption!  That is why I'm sure that I, Vanna, will be adopted this week! See, I mentioned myself!!  Come and get me!

Okay, so what to do about the contest since Shamika was not here any more?!  (Shamika, if you're reading this, congratulations on your new forever home!  You have beautiful fur but can't be in our contest because you don't live here any more.)  No Shamika, no problem!  The winner of our Best Shiny Black Fur contest is . . . MANDY!!!  And here she is, shiny black fur and all!


Isn't she gorgeous??!!

Okay, here again, Mandy did not actually enter my contest.  She just wouldn't do that, so I entered for her!  Mandy is about two years old and she has not been fortunate enough to have a stable home where she felt comfortable.  So . . . she is shy.  I mean she loves to be petted, but she is just unsure of her world and so tends to want to hide in the cabinets.  And she is clearly very smart as she can open the cabinet doors!!!  Frankly I'm just not real sure what is going on in her head, but I sometimes see confusion in her eyes.  "Is this where I will live forever or will I be adopted by someone patient who will accept me for who I am and give me lots of time to adjust?"  One thing is clear!  Whoever gets this kitty will have a great decorative piece of fur in their house!  Will you be that person?!

Okay, one more picture of Mandy before I go.  Oh those gold eyes!!!!  Wow!!!!


So what will our next contest be??  Hmm, let me think.  How about best eye makeup???  We have some great makeup artists in the shop right now, not even including myself!  (I can't be in the contests since I'm the judge.)  Yes, that's it!  Best Eye Makeup will be our next category!

Oh yeah, one more thing.  Remember when I wrote about all the advantages of keeping your cat inside?  Well, one of the cats here in the shop reminded me that cats really like to eat grass.  So I just wanted to tell all you indoor cat owners, just in case you didn't know, that you can buy indoor grass for your cat!  And these indoors salads are much safer than the ones you get outside.  Indoor cat grass won't have any yucky stuff on it, like chemicals.  Really, most of us kitties like our salads and sometimes we even eat our person's house plants.  That can be very bad for us . . . sometimes poisonous!  So think about healthy indoor cat grass!  Okay?  Okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment