Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Isn't this what kings do, say "Hear Ye, HearYe?"  It has been over two months now since I declared myself King of StreetCats and I know you've been wondering where I've been.  Well, just picture me sitting on my throne, otherwise known as the table, in the StreetCats office.  And picture me with a somewhat perplexed look on my face trying to figure out what it is that kings do!!  I know we're supposed to look regal and I've got that down!!  I know how to look both very handsome and very regal!  There is no question about that!!  Just look!
And I'm telling you that there are a lot of kings out there that don't look so good.  And even some queens.  I mean, really!  Now the King of the Jungle, he's a handsome dude, but some of that human royalty??  It's quite obvious to me that they were born to the crown, because they sure didn't get there through their looks!

And I thought the king was supposed to make rules and then everyone would obey them.  Isn't that your understanding, too??  Now the other morning I strolled out of my office to survey my kingdom (kings do that, too!) and you will never believe what I found.  It was such a bad mess that I can't describe it!  So I'll show you!
Now did I tell anyone that it was a good thing to get into food and tear up paper towels??  Was I asked if such behavior was acceptable??  I blame Bobby and Wally for this mess!  If you don't remember who they are scroll down to the Feline Friday entry about them.  Now they are handsome young cats, maybe even handsome enough to be princes, but aren't they supposed to defer to the king in all matters??

 Perhaps being king is just not all it's cracked up to be!  I think I'm going to reconsider this self-anointment.  If I can anoint myself, I can un-anoint myself.  Right?  Maybe instead of being the King, I'll be the President.  I'm going to check into this.  But before I do that, I'm going to give you one piece of advice.  If you want to be King or Queen of anything, think very carefully, especially if it involves being in charge of CATS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment