Friday, December 13, 2013

A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER

That's a poem by John Keats.  He's really famous, you know.  I'm going to let you read just the first few lines:

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
It's loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A lower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

It's a really long poem and Mr. Keats talks about many beautiful things.  He didn't mention cats, but I think that's because these first few lines are so obviously about cats.  We cats are especially soothing to our angels and that's what this is about.  I mean even the kittens, with all their energy, bring a certain quiet health to the angels who adopt them!  I bet you didn't know that I like poetry.  And I bet you didn't even realize that I, Janie, really do a lot of thinking!  But I do!

And here is what I think.  I think when Mr. Keats wrote his poem he had in mind a kitty just like Miss Molly!  I'm going to show you a picture of this creature of beauty!  She came to us because, for whatever reason, her humans could no longer keep her.  Their particular solution to this problem was pretty drastic!  And, just like with me, the StreetCats angels saved her life.  Don't worry, she isn't sick like I was.  She is healthy enough to sometimes want to play with the kittens at StreetCats!  That's pretty neat because she is not a kitten at all.  She is 11 years old!  And she can still jump onto things!  Well, here she is!


And here is something interesting about Molly and her color.  She's white, right?  Well, she is, except that she has some black smudges on her head!  And you can see some black smudges on her paws!  Isn't that interesting?!  Here is what I've read . . . That white cats aren't really white!  Huh?!  No, really.  I don't know if this is true or not, but what I read is that white cats are a color that is being suppressed by a certain gene they have!  That sure is an interesting idea!  So . . . is Miss Molly really black and her gene to suppress her color doesn't work very well?  I think there are scientists who like to explore these possibilities, but I think I'll just call her a white cat with some black smudges!



Whatever the answer to that question, Miss Molly is a sweet, healthy older kitty who is a thing of beauty who will bring joy to any human who will adopt her and take her to her forever home.  She will bring YOU, dear human, a healthy sense of peace that is full of quiet breathing!

Bye, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment